New Versions of "Complete List of My Gear" and "How I Pack My Gear"

I've published new versions of pages listing all my gear and describing how I pack my gear:

In How I Pack My Gear (2019), I wrote the following:

I pack according to the adage A place for everything and everything in its place, and choose the places in order to make accessing items as easy as possible. My handlebar bag contains gear I need throughout the riding day, my top tube bag contains gear I use only when camping, and my trunk bag contains gear I need only at night after riding or in the morning before riding.

For clarity and precision I have replaced the second sentence with the following two rules:

  • Items needed during the riding day must be in the handlebar bag, in an outside pocket of the trunk bag, or mounted on the frame of the bike
  • The top-tube bag may carry only camping gear

According to these rules, the handlebar bag may (and does) carry items not needed during the riding day, and all three bags may (and do) carry camping gear.

Comments

Popular Posts