Health Report - September 14, 2026
In this blog post I discuss changes to my health since I published Denver to Washington, D.C. 2026 - Aftermath of cancelation.
Lumbar spine
I've continued to practice the nutation movement I described in Denver to Washington, D.C. 2026 - Aftermath of cancelation, and on August 9th I started using the NeuroMD device.
|
| (Not me in the picture) |
On August 9th Harold Rosenthal invited me to join him to swim outdoors at the John Jay Pool. The swimming felt great for my back, and that week and the next I swam a total of four more times at the Asser Levy Pool (also outdoors).
On August 13th I had another lesson with Feldenkrais practitioner Anastasi Siotas. I brought my bike to this lesson and had Anastasi observe me seated on my biking while stationary and also while riding. He suggested that I keep in mind the lengthening of my spine from my tailbone to the top of my head. The next day I had my first ride (10 miles) since July 20th (the day after which began the worst five days of the back trouble). I felt good during the ride and did not have a relapse the next day. When while riding I would sometimes feel the L5 spinous process, and I always noticed that its prominence had not increased and maybe decreased.
The prominence of the L5 spinous process has decreased during the previous weeks since publishing Denver to Washington, D.C. 2026 - Aftermath of cancelation. On September 10th I had x-rays that showed the deviation between L4 and L5 was just 1.1 cm, down from 1.6 cm on July 29th.
I plan to have x-rays again after a few months.
On September 14th I had a physical therapy session with Dariusz Jarzabowski who is a Feldenkrais practitioner in addition to being a physical therapist (and also an avid cyclist). Dariusz guided me through some movement practices to do at home. I look forward to my next appointment with him August 21st.
Continuous glucose monitor
Since making the changing in my diet based on what I learned from the continuous glucose monitor, I have happily lost at least five pounds and now weigh about 165.
I have not yet used the second continuous glucose monitor because I'm waiting to use it during a multi-day bike trip. If the weather is favorable next week, I look forward to taking the three-day trip shown in the map below, the routes for which can be found at Albany, NY, Loop.
Sleep
I continue to wake up refreshed, and have not a single episode of waking during the night gasping for air since before June 10th. So it seems that the practice I described in Denver to Washington, D.C. 2026 - Aftermath of cancelation solved my sleep apnea.
If you post a comment, please identify yourself by using your Google
account
(in which case you will receive an email telling you when I've responded),
or by including your name in your comment.



Comments
Post a Comment