Reflections at the end of 2021

In 2021 I took nine multi-day trips, one in every month except for February, August, and December, thus continuing the practice of a monthly trip which I initiated in October of 2020. All of these trips have started in New York City and lasted three days except for one four-day trip and one five-day trip. I've stayed in motels on all the trips except in June when I stayed in the homes of friends, and in September and October when I camped on Long Island. As you can see in the map below, I've covered a lot of territory around New York. You can find links to my blog posts about these trips through this page: Multi-Day Trips

Multi-day trips October 2020-December 2021

In Reflections at the end of 2020 I wondered where I might go for more three-day trips, and where might I go for an extended trip of a month or more. Although I didn't take a trip of more than five days, I certainly found many interesting places to ride. I'm again wondering where I might go for more three-day trips. The map around New York City is pretty full of my trips, so I think I'm going to need to be creative about my trips in the coming year. There is still territory to explore in Connecticut, and in New Jersey in the direction of Philadelphia. I have the idea of a trip in which I would ride in a large loop around Manhattan and stay at many of the places I stayed since October of 2020. Perhaps I'll take a train for an hour or two away from Manhattan before starting to ride. I'm also thinking about single-day trips, which I haven't done for a while. One of those every week or so could be interesting. I wonder how many different single-day trips I could find.

Besides all the riding I've done this year I've also made many improvements to my gear. Here are links to my Gear Update posts with the highlights of each update.

Gear Update - April 10, 2021
Shorten elastic at bottom of jacket; Purchase neck gaiter and sleeping bag

Gear Update - July 12, 2021
Repair seat stay and seat tube

Gear Update - September 22, 2021
Retap threads of bottom bracket; Correct installation of spindle in bottom bracket

Gear Update - November 13, 2021
Reduce tire pressure

Gear Update - December 16th, 2021
Correct installation of cogs


Comments

Popular Posts