Riding Day 2 - May 29th, 2019

Start: Danboro, PA
End: Lancaster, PA
Miles: 83.1
Feet climbing per mile: 61
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/35309350

How did it take me 11 hours to ride 83 miles? Throughout most of the day it was hot and humid, and in the late afternoon there were strong headwinds and then crosswinds. Later there was a deluge during which I got soaked. My moving time was only seven hours, so I took a lot of rests.

Although Ava’s Ice was closed today, both Pink Moose (where I had a brownie) and Coventry Parlor (where I had a scoop of chocolate ice cream) were open.

Ava's Ice

Can you guess where I took the picture below? It was here, at mile 61.


With my hosts Chris and Lynn Brooks I had a wonderful dinner prepared by Lynn (salmon and vegetables followed by watermelon and chocolates) and look forward to a good night’s sleep in their cozy guest room.



* * *

The spreadsheet at Big Loop includes information about the earliest possible day I would arrive at each of my destinations. Throughout my ride I will update the spreadsheet to reflect any deviations between my plans and what actually happens, as well as any changes to my plans.

You can find links to all my routes here: Big Loop Event

Comments

Popular Posts