Riding Day 3 - May 30th, 2019

Start: Lancaster, PA
End: Gettysburg, PA
Miles: 55.2
Feet climbing per mile: 49
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/35342995

Yesterday my chain was often jamming when I shifted the front derailleur, and shifting both up and down with the rear derailleur was sluggish. This morning, under the supervision of the fellow below, I checked the alignment of the rear wheel and noticed it was not straight. After I straightened it and adjusted the barrel adjuster, all the shifting was again smooth.


Headwinds, Heat, and Humidity is a formidable trio. Here are three of their greatest hits:

So You Think You’re Tough
No, We’re Not There Yet
It’s Going To Be A Long Day

I decided to have a short day, just 55 miles, and spend the night in the Days Inn at Gettysburg rather than camping at Cunningham Falls State ParkTomorrow will therefore be longer than originally planned (80 miles instead of 60). I plan to swim in the outdoor pool before going to bed.



Update: My swim in the cool water was so refreshing!




* * *
The spreadsheet at Big Loop includes information about the earliest possible day I would arrive at each of my destinations. Throughout my ride I will update the spreadsheet to reflect any deviations between my plans and what actually happens, as well as any changes to my plans.

You can find links to all my routes here: Big Loop Event

Comments

Popular Posts