Day 89: October 2, 2024 - Rest Day

Starts and Ends: Best Western
Miles: 10.5
Feet climbing per mile: 53
Records of the day's rides:
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/226655222
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/226735375

Having been told Enterprise would be open today, I arrived early, hoping to rent a car. It was not to be today.

With no clear idea of when I would be able to leave Waynesvillle, I knew I needed to put an end to the hotel bill that after seven night was more than $1000. In the afternoon I rode to the home where I had been included in the family dinner with four generations. I explained my situation and asked whether I could stay with them in exchange for helping clean up the mess from Helene. I was told I could sleep on the couch or the floor as long as I needed. I was already committed for an eighth night at the hotel, so I will start my stay with the family the next day. I’m grateful for their generosity, and relieved that I have put an end to increases in my hotel bill, which is about $1200.

Later I walked to Walmart to buy groceries. I saw that the creek that had been flowing so heavily a few days ago was now gentler, but with all sorts of debris remaining.

My right shoe continues to have its stitches fail.

I repaired the seam using monofilament for thread.

What do you think of my work?

I did all the stitching inside the shoe.

For lunch and dinner I ate food I bought from Walmart.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts