Day 96: October 9, 2024 - Lancaster, PA, to Royersford, PA

Start: Lancaster, PA
End: Royersford, PA
Miles: 54.5
Feet climbing per mile: 61
Record of the day's ride:https://ridewithgps.com/trips/228873106

After riding a few miles from Lancaster I was traveling through farm land.

These horses work for their food and lodging.


The picture makes the horse look like a statue but it was a real horse.

I stopped at Hayloft Ice Cream and had a soft pretzel. It was so good I had two!

The sign below was in Hayloft Ice Cream. Despite my atheism, I like the message because I agree that the challenges we face help us to grow.

I was inspired by the cow I saw yesterday.

It seems that somebody had such a wonderful experience putting his or her feet in the water that the socks were left behind.

I had a long conversation about touring with Jeremy, whom I met at the covered bridge.

As Jeremy and I were speaking I noticed a bulge in my front tire and realized the rim did not have a flat spot. The bulge was caused by the tire starting to become unseated.

I deflated the tire, reseated it, and refilled it. All is well!

The well-paved trail near the end of the day’s ride was a welcome relief from the rush-hour traffic.

I stopped at Pink Moose, where I stopped the second day of my big trip in 2019, and enjoyed a bowl of tomato basil soup. 

I spent the night at Staybridge Suites, where I thoroughly enjoyed their swimming pool and their free dinner.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip (which I now expect to be about $14,000, not $10,000 as I initially estimated) by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts