Day 93: October 6, 2024 - Rest Day

Until today only my right shoe has needed to be repaired. Aren’t those stitches beautiful?

I took advantage of my host’s washer and dryer to clean my biking clothing. I used some white vinegar David gave me the previous day in order to get rid of the musty smell that started when my clothes hadn’t dried quickly enough in the Best Western in Waynesville.

I drove John’s car to the Van Dorn Metro station and then took the Metro train to the Mall. From there I walked to Pershing Park to see the recently-unveiled World War I sculpture created by my friend Sabin Howard.


I had dinner at Mike’s American, which used to be known as Mike’s American Grill. I noticed that the sign on the outside of the building still said “Mike’s American Grill”.

Tomorrow morning I will leave Alexandria and begin to ride 300 miles in order to arrive home in New York on Thursday.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip (which I now expect to be about $14,000, not the $10,000 I initially estimated) by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts