Day 10: July 15, 2024 - Rest day

Start: Eugene, OR
End: Eugene, OR
Miles: 9
Feet climbing per mile: 33
Records of the day's rides:
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/202399214
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/202435411
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/202509816

I was up at 6:00 and used the morning to write blog posts for days 6 and 7. As I was starting to ride to Burch's to pick up my shoes I noticed that my rear wheel needed to be trued. Using a waste basket I was able to turn my bike upside-down without removing the cage for the bear spray. I had rehearsed this at home with a cardboard box.

On my ride to pick up my shoes I crossed the Peter DeFazio Bridge.

The repair Brian Crook did was better than I had expected.

Several days ago I had noticed that I could not turn the barrel adjuster for the cable of my rear brake. The brake worked fine, but without being able to use the adjuster I would need to loosen and retighten the cable as the brake pads wore out.

I first went to REI to get help. Their repair person was not in so I was referred to Hutch's Bicycles. I showed the problem to Joshua who quickly got the adjuster to turn and told me I had weak fingers. He also said that the adjuster had been set all the way up and had probably gotten tighter as I used the rear brake. I thanked Joshua for making my day.

That afternoon I had a nap and then at 5:30 a lesson with my fellow Feldenkrais practitioner Colin Pip Dixon. I told Colin I’d like to be able to turn my head more easily to the left and that intermittent tingling in my left arm had been continuing. After the lesson I was able to turn my head to the left more easily. I would have to wait to see any change in the tingling.

I was in bed at 11:00, almost fully packed for being able to leave promptly after waking the next morning.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If you’d like to help pay for the cost of this trip, please do so by clicking on the GoFundMe graphic at the bottom of this post.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts