Day 9: July 14, 2024 - Veneta, OR, to Eugene, OR

Start: Veneta, OR
End: Eugene, OR
Miles: 20.1
Feet climbing per mile: 39
Records of the day's rides:
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/202186530

In the middle of the night I had the first serious leg cramps of this trip, so it seems the electrolyte powder I've been taking has been effective. Actually the loose bowels I'd been having suggested I had been taking too much electrolyte, so I decided to cut back to 1/2 teaspoon per water bottle.

I was awake at 6:00 and up at 6:30.

Have you ever heard of a convenience store without a bathroom? I found two such stores in Veneta. How inconvenient!

Herschel drove Andre and Elysia to the airport at 9:30. After they left I wrote and published my blog post for day 5. At Herschel's suggestion I also started a project at Patreon to support this bike trip.

I was on the road at 11:45. I stopped at the Euphoria Chocolate Company but it was closed.

I arrived at Campus Inn & Suites in Eugene at 1:30. When I checked in I told Samir, who was at the front desk, that I planned to go to Joe the Shoe Doctor the next morning, Monday, to have my shoe repaired. Samir told me that Burch’s Shoes also did repairs. I found out that the repair shop was open that Sunday afternoon so I rode there and showed Brian Crook the problem. He said he could do hand-sewing and would have the shoe ready the next morning at 10:00 and that it would cost me $20. I said “Just $20? Charge me more!”. Brian replied “Ok, $25”.

I crossed the Willamette River riding to and from Burch’s Shoes.

When I returned to Campus Inn & Suites I told Samir I would stay an extra day because 10:00 would be too late to leave for Rainbow 52 miles away.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If you’d like to help pay for the cost of this trip, please do so by clicking on the GoFundMe graphic at the bottom of this post.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts