Day 11: July 16, 2024 - Eugene, OR, to Rainbow, OR

Start: Eugene, OR
End: Rainbow, OR
Miles: 52.0
Feet climbing per mile: 38
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/202705569

I was up at 6:00 and on the road at 6:30 when the temperature was 60. This was my first day using daily contact lenses. They felt great, meaning I couldn't feel them. Thank you, Velo Mina, for suggesting dailies!

I noticed that it was easier to turn my head to the left, although intermittent tingling in my left arm continued. Thank you, Colin, for the lesson.

I spent almost the entire ride on highway 126 which has a good shoulder. The entire ride was one long, gradual climb, just 28 feet per mile.

Oregon is beautiful!







I can’t resist an opportunity to take off my shoes and socks and put my feet in the water.



I wonder what mountain that is in the distance.


I arrived at Harbick’s Country Inn at 12:15 with a reservation. The temperature was now 90.

I walked across the street and had dinner at Takoda’s. The sky was beautiful as I walked back to Harbick’s.

Before going to bed at 10:00 in order to get up at 5:00 I had learned that McKenzie Pass was open. I looked forward to making that epic climb.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If you’d like to help pay for the cost of this trip, please do so by clicking on the GoFundMe graphic at the bottom of this post.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts