Day 15: July 20, 2024 - Rest Day

I woke at 5:50 and got up in order to stay on an early schedule. After writing and publishing my blog post for day 9, I took a nap for maybe as long as an hour. I’ve noticed when riding I. Tend to left my left shoulder and roll it forward. I guessed that I might do that as a result of sleeping on my left side, my preferred side, with my shoulder up and forward. So for my nap I lay on my left side with my arm in back rather than in front. I was surprisingly comfortable like that, and when I woke up my arm was still behind and not asleep. I will continue sleeping with my left arm behind and look forward to the effect on what I do with my shoulder when riding.

After my nap I wrote and published my blog post for day 10.

When I went outside I was surprised to see and feel how bad the smoke was. The picture below shows the view to the west but the sky looks the same in all directions. There are many fires burning in every direction, fortunately none of them close enough to pose a danger to me except through the smoke.

Last night I had planned to ride 62 miles tomorrow but unless the air clears I will ride only 38. If the air is worse I will spend another rest day at the Spoke’n Hostel.

I discovered today that the hostel has a work stand for bikes.

Here’s how the sun looked at 7:30 in the evening.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If you’d like to help pay for the cost of this trip, please do so by clicking on the GoFundMe graphic at the bottom of this post.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts