Rest Day - June 27th, 2019

I’m writing this at 3:18 p.m. at the neighborhood pool. I swam a few laps and will swim more.


This morning I went to LabCorp in Marietta to have my blood drawn for testing. I had it tested just before I left on this trip (about a month ago) and will have it tested again in 30 days and immediately after I return home. It will be interesting to track the changes and useful to make any necessary modifications to my diet or supplements. My blood was expertly drawn by Latisha Lopez who gave me a roll of CoFlex tape to add to my first-aid kit.


It was one year ago today that I started planning this trip. You can read how it came about here: https://johnlinkbikingadventures.blogspot.com/2018/12/how-i-decided-to-ride-4000-miles-next_10.html?m=1

I’m planning to continue on my journey either Saturday or Sunday, probably at sunrise or shortly thereafter (about 6:30) in order to avoid both traffic and heat. I still need to plan my itinerary from here to Carbondale, IL.

* * *

I’m writing again at 11:34 shortly before going to sleep. In the late afternoon I planned my first day and my last two days between here and Carbondale. Tomorrow I will plan the remaining days. I will also have a Feldenkrais lesson with my colleague Brian Baraszu. I might ride my bike if I can find a route to his office that doesn’t involve much use of four-lane roads. Otherwise I’ll use Lyft.

Comments

Popular Posts