Rest Day - June 2nd, 2019

This morning my host John and I drove to investigate a fuel leak on his sailing boat. Maybe someday I’ll get to be part of his crew on a sailing trip of several weeks.


In afternoon I had lunch with Jim Gray, with whom I worked at a software company in Springfield, VA, in the 90s. I regret I won’t be able to attend the 50th-wedding-anniversary celebration Jim and his wife Lyn will have June 8th, but it was wonderful to reconnect with Jim after not seeing each other for a few decades.

The chain I ordered yesterday arrived in the evening. The mechanic had told me my drive train needed a chain wider than the one that had been jamming, so I was concerned when I saw that the new chain was exactly the same size. We’ll see what happens tomorrow when I ride to Flint Hill.

John prepared delicious and filling meals both tonight and last night.

Comments

Popular Posts