Riding Day 23 - June 30th, 2019

Start: Marietta, GA
End: Summerville, GA
Miles: 84.1
Feet climbing per mile: 57
Records of today’s rides:
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36631364
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36655459

I had a great time in Marietta visiting my brother Tim and his wife Sonja, reuniting with my classmate from Northwestern Chris and meeting his fiancée Kara, seeing Rick Harris again after 30 years and singing Almost Like Being in Love at a jam session at which Rick was playing trumpet, having a Feldenkrais lesson with Brian Baraszu, completing several tasks related to maintenance of my bike and other gear, and planning my itinerary from Marietta to Carbondale. It was a full four days.

Rising at 6:00 and starting to ride at 6:45 allowed me to avoid the worst heat of the day. What a pleasure it was to arrive at my campground before 1:00 having ridden 73 miles! Starting to ride at sunrise is going to be my standard procedure until the weather is cooler.

What’s with the Georgia dogs? I was chased by at least half a dozen today.


I had a shower and shave after setting up my tent and then enjoyed a blissful nap before riding to Summerville for dinner.


It’s now 10:00 p.m. at the James H. Floyd State Park. The noise from the cicadas (I think they’re cicadas) is loud, rhythmic, and unrelenting. I wonder how long it will continue.

The sky is clear and the weather forecast shows almost no chance of rain tonight so I will not use the rain fly but instead have a view of the stars from inside my tent.


Comments

Popular Posts