Riding Day 15 - June 16th, 2019

Start: Doughton Park Campground
End: West Jefferson, NC
Miles: 29.8
Feet climbing per mile: 104
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36041762

Last night I discovered my air mattress had a leak, so I spent a substantial part of the night on my back instead of on my left side which is still bruised from my crash March 25th. I got up at 6:15 and was on the Parkway at 7:45.

While I was stopped at the waterfall in the video below I learned by email that my client Ed Binkowski had died early this morning. Ed and I shared. Many interests including number theory, movies, and long-form TV series. When I saw him just before I left on this trip I wondered whether I would see him again. Ed was a special man. I will miss him. Ed’s obituary is here.


What a great thing it is to be done riding at 11:30 in the morning! That’s when I arrived at the Park Vista Inn to discover that my room has hardwood floors and is done in my favorite colors of black, grey, and white. Anthony, the manager, told me he would drive me to and from West Jefferson where I could have dinner. When I told him l was looking for steak, vegetables, and salad, he recommended Buckaroo’s Grill & Restaurant. Every one of the several dishes I ordered was delicious.


I spent the afternoon patching the leak in my air mattress and catching up on communications. I also had the most wonderful nap in which I woke up and for a moment didn’t know where I was.

Three days in a row I’ve either been driven to and from a restaurant or had my dinner delivered.

Comments

Popular Posts