Rest Day - June 29th, 2019

This morning I installed a new left cleat, replaced both heel pads, installed a new chain, and lubed the brakes, shifters, derailleurs, and pulleys. What a help it was that my brother Tim has a work stand I could use.


After performing all the needed maintenance I accepted Sonja’s invitation to join her on a bike ride. You can see a record of it here: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36592075

This afternoon I completed my itinerary between here and Carbondale. I expect eight riding days to make the 500-mile distance. I have no home stays between here and Carbondale, but several motels. I hope that my posts looking for hosts will be fruitful.

I look forward to being on the road again. I plan to rise at 6:00 and be gone at 6:30. I will pack everything I can tonight.

Comments

  1. Glad you took time to rest and that the itinerary to Illinois took shape. I enjoyed following your trip and pretending to eat all that ice cream, too, but I'm not burning all the calories to justify it! Stay safe, and enjoy many more beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts