Riding Day 18 - June 20th, 2019

Start: Black Mountain Campground
End: Weaverville, NC
Miles: 46.7
Feet climbing per mile: 104
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36209858

Today was my final day in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and what a glorious final day it was! The first 25 miles, with most of the climbing, took five hours to complete, while the final 21 miles took just one hour and 15 minutes. After mile 25 there was a 12-mile descent followed by a short climb and then a final descent into Weaverville.

Who goes up gets to come down

Some months ago, Morene Bangel, who belongs to one of the Facebook biking groups of which I’m a member, offered to put me up for a night and I accepted her offer. Morene has also been helpful by purchasing a 3-ounce bottle of contact lens cleaner and receiving a package for me.

With Morene Bangel

When it became apparent that Morene would not be able to put me up, she found neighbors who would, Patti and Yosi. I’m writing this in their home after spending an enjoyable dinner with them. Besides giving me a place to stay, Yosi and Patti also received a package for me and drove me to REI so I could replace my rear light. We also made a stop at the French Broad Chocolate Factory where I stocked up on brownies and chocolate.


I’m again grateful for the generosity of people whom I just met.

Comments

Popular Posts