Rest Day - August 15th, 2019

As I wrote in my post yesterday, today was the first true rest day I’ve had since I was with three of my siblings and a nephew in Chetek, WI, July 24th through 28th. After riding an average of 92 miles per day during the six days it took to get from Chicago to Pittsburgh, I was ready for a day of rest. Of course I did have a number of things to do today, including installing new front brake pads, washing my laundry, drying and repacking my tent, downloading routes for the next few days, uploading photos and videos with Google Photo in order to clear space on my phone, and catching up on communications. I also took a nap for about an hour, my first in at least several weeks.


Although my itinerary spreadsheet shows a total of 3915 miles ridden, the actual total, including rides during rest days, is now more than 4000 miles. I have at least 500 more miles to ride before I’ll be home one week from tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts