Rest Day - August 3rd, 2019

The replacement Cyclotrac promised to arrive the day before yesterday at the home of my sister Peggy has not arrived.

The technician who drew my blood this morning (I’m having this done every 30 days during my trip) had a pleasant manner but only moderately good skill inserting the needle, and she didn’t know how many ounces there are in a pint. Nevertheless I’m glad I was able to find a nearby LabCorp open today (Saturday).


Milwaukee seems to have many streets made of concrete poured in sections with cracks between the sections. The concrete makes for rough riding, especially when it starts to crack. I wonder why concrete would be used rather than asphalt.

This afternoon I rode to my mom's home where I will spend the night. My cousin Bill Stauber, his wife Mary Lou, their daughter Jenny, and Jenny’s baby son Kiran all stopped by to visit. Because Bill is my first cousin, Jenny is my first cousin once removed and Kiran is my first cousin twice removed. My sister Peggy also joined us.

My mom, Peggy, and I had dinner at Open Flame, near my mom's home.

Although I'm classifying today as a rest day, I rode 6.8 miles to and from where I had my blood drawn, and 7.1 miles to my mom's home, for a total of 13 miles.

Comments

Popular Posts