Riding Day 49 - August 1st, 2019

Start: Waupaca, WI
End: Beaver Dam, WI
Miles: 82.2
Feet climbing per mile: 39
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/38034505

Todd Meerdink, my host last night who is an avid cyclist, prepared a route for me from Waupaca to Beaver Dam. I followed it all the way to Green Lake and was pleased that the road surfaces were generally excellent, the traffic light, and the nearby trees numerous. It even took me through a covered bridge.



After leaving Green Lake I was looking for chocolate ice cream and Mountain Dew, so I used Google Maps to take me to a gas station in Fairweather where I found both. By the time I did I was feeling sluggish, both mentally and physically. After the ice cream and Mountain Dew I was again energetic and alert, allowing me to ride the final 19 miles with vigor.

Tonight I’m staying with Rick Jennings. Rick and I lived across the hall of our apartment building when I was a senior at the University of Illinois. We hadn’t seen each other since I graduated in 1976, but we both said we recognized the other, which I take to be a good sign. Rick was a pre-med student when we were at the University of Illinois, and now he’s a doctor with a specialty of ENT.

Rick Jennings


Comments

Popular Posts