Riding Day 54 - August 7th, 2019

Start: Roselle, IL
End: Oak Park, IL
Miles: 23.2
Feet climbing per mile: 24
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/38300491

Needing to ride only 23 miles today, I was able to have a lazy morning. I said goodbye to my sister Cathy at 7:00 as she left for work and went back to sleep. When I finally got up around 10:00 (or was it 11:00?) I scheduled a Feldenkrais lesson for 5:00 today with a colleague in Oak Park, reviewed some of my upcoming routes, and created a route from Pittsburgh to the Ohiopyle State Park so that I can visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater. For use today I created two routes from Roselle to Oak Park, one using bike trails and one staying on roads. I used a combination of the two routes on my ride to The Write Inn in Oak Park where I will spend the night.

The Feldenkrais lesson with my colleague Melissa Simo was a wonderful treat. I told Melissa I generally feel very good but while riding have transitory numbness in some of the fingers of my left I hand. I also told her that in my left elbow and wrist I feel some effects of the crash I had March 25th. Melissa gave me a lesson that helped improve the relationship between my left shoulder blade and ribs and increase the freedom of movement of my ribs and spine. I look forward to noticing whatever differences I experience when I ride tomorrow.

With notice of just a few days, we managed to have a group of nine classmates (and four spouses) from my grade school (Our Lady of Grace) for a dinner at Winberie’s, a restaurant in Oak Park just a short walk from my hotel. A splendid time was had by all.



Here’s the list of who attended:

Mike Macewich
Dennis Sarley (and Chris)
Mike Guadagno (and Roxie)
Bill Collins (and Susan)
Roxanne Laux
John Steigerwald
Kevin Creely
Mary Puccio (and Bob Cullen)

I’ve stayed at The Write Inn several times with my wife, Lori Belilove, when she has been hired by Stephanie Clemens to teach at The Academy of Movement and Music. And I’ve eaten several times at Winberie’s. So these two venues were obvious choices for this trip during which I’m visiting people and places from my past.

Comments

Popular Posts