Riding Day 50 - August 2nd, 2019

Start: Beaver Dam, WI
End: Milwaukee, WI
Miles: 87.8
Feet climbing per mile: 34
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/38076587

Today’s ride was supposed to be 72 miles but became 88 miles due to my attempts to avoid traffic. From mile 36 to 50 is where I added most of the miles as I attempted to find a gas station with Mountain Dew while avoiding the traffic on highway 16.

Sand hill cranes: Mating call or post-coital song?

The highlight of the day was coming upon a lemonade stand run by three kids in Oconomowoc.


I rode a substantial number of miles on paved bike trails near the end of today’s ride. While I welcomed the relief from the need to deal with traffic, I found the straightness of the New Berlin Trail, and the uniformity of its scenery, to be tedious. I left the trail before I had to do so in order to get a sense of the neighborhoods through which I was riding.

I’m spending the night at the home of my sister Peggy.
 

Comments

Popular Posts