Riding Day 53 - August 6th, 2019

Start: Chicago, IL
End: Roselle, IL
Miles: 47.9
Feet climbing per mile: 20
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/38262454

Riding the Lakefront Trail from the south side to Foster Beach was easy, but riding west from there to Roselle, where my sister Cathy lives, was mostly difficult and unpleasant. It’s hard to travel substantial distances through Chicago on a bike. Or maybe I just don’t know the city well enough to find routes on which I don’t feel overwhelmed by the traffic.


Cathy hosted a dinner that included my brother Chuck, my brother Mike, and Mike’s wife Alice. The delicious steak dinner finished with ice cream and Cathy’s homemade brownies. I have now seen my six siblings and their wives.

Tomorrow I’ll ride to Oak Park where I’ll stay at the Write Inn. The distance will be only 22 miles and I think it will be easier to find a good route than it was today. I’ll be traveling in the middle of the day, not during rush hour. There are ten of us confirmed for a dinner of classmates from my grade school.

Comments

Popular Posts