Riding Day 58 - August 11th, 2019

Start: Garrett, IN
End: Portage, OH
Miles: 87.5
Feet climbing per mile: 17
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/38478378

Today began with a swim with nobody else in the pond or on the beach.



I felt strong through the first third of my ride and then somewhat sluggish, especially in the final third. Maybe the previous rides of 100 and 90 miles were catching up with me, maybe my sleeping not so well last night affected my performance, or maybe the long straight road east from Defiance took its toll.

My host for the night, Dennis Anderson, offered to put me up when he read about my trip in the Facebook group Cycling Past Fifty. His wife Bonnie made a delicious dinner that featured pork loin and ended with brownie bites and vanilla ice cream. Dennis gave me some information about the condition of the roads on the route I have planned tomorrow which will help me avoid some trouble.

Dennis and Bonnie Anderson

How strange it feels to know that I’ll be home one week from next Friday and this amazing adventure will be over.

Comments

Popular Posts