Rest Day - July 10th, 2019

I woke at 5:30, went out on the deck to look at the view, and went back to sleep for several hours.

My view from the deck

This morning Ginger and I went for a walk through the property. We ran, too. Ginger and I have become good friends. She likes to follow me in and out of the house and have me throw her ball so she can chase it.

Monday I wondered whether I had bought too much food, but by tonight I had eaten it all, and then some. This afternoon I got a ride to Rendleman’s where I had another pint of Peaches & Cream ice cream and a root beer. As I had expected, I was more comfortable biking back in the heat than standing around, due to the lack of wind.


The bluegrass picking session at Roy Davis’s home tonight was great fun. Dave told me these sessions have been going on every Wednesday night for thirty-five years.

I’ve had two refreshing rest days and look forward to being back on the road.

Comments

Popular Posts