Riding Day 26 - July 3rd, 2019

Start: Sequatchie, TN
End: Murfreesboro, TN
Miles: 70.5
Feet climbing per mile: 37
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/36762568

I was rewarded today for yesterday afternoon’s tough climb with a 2-mile descent down a beautiful section of curving road starting at about mile 16. This was the highlight of today’s ride, which was on a mostly straight and relatively flat roads. The presence of a wide and smooth shoulder for much of the day relieved me of the need to watch vehicles as they passed me.

The Knights Inn is a little funky but a swim in the pool shortly after I arrived provided relief from the heat. The bed is firm and there’s plenty of hot water.


After a swim and a nap I made a reservation for a campsite at Montgomery Bell State Park tomorrow night (they’re full over the weekend) and another for a room at the Dover Inn the following night.

Comments

Popular Posts