Rest Day - July 26th, 2019

My mother has not lived here in Chetek for more than a year, and this morning I learned there was a forwarding order initiated when she moved. That forwarding order has expired, so mail addressed to my mother, as my package is, would be returned to sender. I rode to the Chetek post office in the morning to see whether my package might have arrived there, and to ask them to not return it if it does. I was told it had not arrived. Furthermore I was told that it would not arrive, but rather be returned to sender before getting to Chetek. Meanwhile the USPS website still says “Awaiting Item”, so I have no idea where my package might be. I hope it has not been lost.

After leaving the post office I stopped at the Northlakes Drive In for a chocolate brownie sundae.


The rest of the day was filled with a swim in the lake; emailing my hosts in Wisconsin to confirm my arrival dates; the review, modification, and downloading of my routes between here and Chicago; a phone call with Boomerang to attempt to get my Cyclotrac working; and generating checks for the Duncan Foundation using TeamViewer. The work with the routes and the checks was made easier by access to a computer connected to a large TV screen.

At the end of the day the USPS website still says “Awaiting Item”. Where might it be?

Comments

Popular Posts