Rest Day - July 18th, 2019

Today, like most of my rest days, I was busy from the time I awoke. The morning started with another session with Dr. Mike. He reinvestigated the work he did yesterday and also made some adjustments to my left wrist, neck, and skull. I look forward to observing how I feel when I’m riding hard tomorrow.

At noon I was interviewed for 90 minutes by Andy Hallman of the Fairfield Ledger. I’ll post a link to the online article when it’s published.

Both pairs of smaller mountain bike shoes arrived and both of them fit well. After discussion with someone from Competitive Cyclist, I chose the more expensive model (Drako) due to several features, including weight, breathability, and replaceability of consumable parts. I look forward to riding tomorrow with shoes that fit.

My new Drakos

I’ve written recently about the re-routing I’ve done when encountering gravel roads. This afternoon I reviewed and modified, as needed, my next six routes which will get me to Chetek, WI, where I will have my next home stay (three rest days with three of my siblings, a nephew, and a niece).

My tent, its footprint, and my air mattress were all wet from my night at Henderson County Conservation Area the night before last, so I let those three items dry in the sun. I also lubed the drive train of my bike which had recently been in the rain.

I had hoped to go to Cafe Paradiso tonight to hear a bluegrass band, but it’s now 10:00 and I just finished dinner. In order to avoid the worst heat of the day (it’s going to be in the mid 90s) I will get up at 5:00 so that I can start riding at sunrise at 5:50. I’d better be asleep an hour from now.

Comments

Popular Posts