Riding Day 42 - July 22nd, 2019

Start: Decorah, IA
End: Winona, MN
Miles: 72.6
Feet climbing per mile: 55
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/37600840

Yesterday a woman working in a convenience store recommended I visit Dunning’s Spring Falls in Decorah, so that’s how I began my day.


More sleep last night helped me deal with the headwinds today. They made for a long day, but I enjoyed it, especially the climbing and descending in Minnesota.

Prairie Island Campground, where I'm spending the night, is on the Mississippi River, in which I had a refreshing swim before dinner. I plan to swim again before I depart tomorrow for Eau Claire.


Power has been restored in Chetek, so my siblings Greg, Cathy, and Peggy will be there when I arrive. I don’t know the plans of my niece Jessica, but her brother Chris will ride with me from Eau Claire.

My campsite at Prairie Island Campground

Today concludes the eighth week I’ve been on the road. I’ve ridden 2642 miles, about 62% of my total journey.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts