Riding Day 46 - July 29th, 2019

Start: Medford, WI
End: Marshfield, WI
Miles: 44.2
Feet climbing per mile: 32
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/37904152

I began today’s ride by heading north to Moosie’s Ice Cream Parlor which opens at 6:30 a.m. Yes, 6:30 a.m. I had two scoops of the same Zanzibar chocolate ice cream I enjoyed at the Farmhouse Cafe in Bloomer where Chris and I stopped on our ride to Chetek.


While at Moosie’s I was warned that highway 13 to Marshfield carried a lot of traffic and advised to ride west on A at Stetsonville and take 97 instead. There was a lot of traffic on 13 and the drivers seemed impatient, so I rode west on A and then used Google Maps to generate an alternate route on county roads with good surfaces and light traffic.


How I love the sounds of my chain moving through my drive train, my tires rolling on a smooth road, and the wind rushing across my ears!

I'm spending the night with my cousin Bill Becker whom I hadn’t seen for a few years. After dinner we drove past the home where he grew up and where I spent time with him many years ago on family vacations. We also drove past the home where our grandmother had lived. When we returned to his home we looked at a parts diagram for my front shifter and determined that the safest course of action would be to install the shifter that Lori had sent to me in Chetek. When I removed the old shifter it appeared that in addition to missing the spring which had fallen out and which had been found by my brother Greg, some of its parts were broken. No wonder I’ve been having problems with it since leaving Chetek. I look forward to riding tomorrow with a fully functioning front shifter that will allow me to get out of the saddle on the big chainring.

Comments

  1. Thank you for reminding me of the brand of ice cream. Did you achieve your goal of 3K miles last year?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts