Riding Day 32 - July 11th, 2019

Start: Carbondale, IL
End: Carlyle, IL
Miles: 77.9
Feet climbing per mile: 29
Record of today’s ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/37124423

Straight and flat is the way to make the experience of riding a bike as close as possible to riding a stationary bike or trainer. And who thought it was a good idea to remove almost all the trees, especially those along roads, where they could provide protection from heat, sun, and wind?


Although I managed to swim for about one minute in the large too-warm pool at Eldon Hazlet State Park, I experienced true refreshment in the Carlyle Reservoir.


Tonight’s dinner was delivered by Dani Huels, Carlyle’s sole Lyft driver. Thank you, Dani!

My campsite at Eldon Hazlet State Park 

The plan for tomorrow calls for riding 101 miles to Springfield, but I wonder whether I will be defeated by the tedium of long straight flat roads.

Comments

Popular Posts