Day 71: September 14, 2024 - Rest day

My first activity of this rest day was to swim in the pool at about 7:00 a.m.

I had breakfast (at lunch time) at the Lite Side Cafe.

Although this was a true rest day, there were several important tasks I accomplished:

Rinse biking clothes in washing machine
Repair right off-bike shoe (again!)
Lube drive chain, derailleurs, shifters, and brake calipers
Bend and reattach hook of front-wheel stabilizer
Lube zippers of top tube bag and trunk bag
Rotate left brake lever inward
Order cleats from bike shop in Chattanooga where I will be in a few days

In the afternoon I again swam in the pool.

The wound from the dog has continued to heal.

I had dinner at T. Lawson’s Grill, and finished the day with a midnight swim. What a luxury it is to have such a beautiful pool so close by!

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip (which I now expect to be at least $12,000) by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts