Day 78: September 21, 2024 - Rest Day

Stephen Shaw of Trek Bicycles told me that my rear tire was showing enough wear that it would be wise to install a new tire. It’s so much easier to do that on a rest day than out on the road, so I installed the tire I had been carrying on the bottom of the rear rack. The used tire is not completely worn out, so I folded it, put it in the bag in which the new tire had been, and attached it to the bottom of the rack.

I noticed that the pump was working well, so I think the replacement of the O-ring I did the previous day eliminated the trouble I had been experiencing.

Following breakfast at the Bluegrass Grill (at lunch time), I reconciled the bank account of the Isadora Duncan Dance Foundation.

After a short nap I walked through the neighborhood and saw the Chattanooga Choo-Choo.


I had dinner at Ernest Chinese.

It was a much needed restful day.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip (which I now expect to be more than $13,000) by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts