Day 73: September 16, 2024 - Dover, TN, to Burns, TN

Start: Dover, TN
End: Burns, TN
Miles: 62.0
Feet climbing per mile: 73
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/222151251

I woke at 6:30 in order to get an early start in order to avoid the heat, but at 7:00 it already felt hot and humid. In the West I acclimated to elevation. In the South I will acclimate to heat and humidity.

I encountered early morning rush hour traffic around Dover. Shortly after leaving Dover I turned onto Wildlife Road which promised to take me to some beautiful places. Unfortunately, as I learned from two locals, there would be ten miles of gravel, so I turned around and created an alternate route. Throughout the rest of the day there would be little traffic.

Are those donkeys with the cows?

What might these be?

I spent the night at Montgomery Bell Campground, where I stayed on my big trip five years ago. This was my first time camping since August 21st at Colter Bay in Wyoming.

I had dinner at the restaurant in the lodge. Since I was there five years ago the restaurant had been renovated and the menu upgraded.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip (which I now expect to be at least $12,000) by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts