Day 87: September 30, 2024 - Rest Day

Start and End: Best Western
Miles: 7.5
Feet climbing per mile: 49
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/226265692

I was again unable to reach the local Enterprise on the phone. In a chat with Enterprise I was told the Waynesville location was open, but when I rode there to see for myself it was closed, with the same sign on the door I had seen Saturday. The lot was still full of cars.

My friend Jim with with whom I plan to spend a night in Blacksburg told me there’s a train from Roanoke to Washington, D.C. So my plan now is to drop the rental car near Blacksburg and have Jim drive me to Roanoke and then take the train.

I had dinner in the home of Frank and Gerri, the couple with whom I had dinner at the Mexican restaurant the previous night. It was fun to be part of a family dinner that included four generations.

There was still no cable service, but I remembered I could watch Netflix on my phone because I have cell service. I watched two episodes of The Night Agent, a series I started watching in a previous hotel.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts