Day 83: September 26, 2024 - Rest day

Even if the severe weather were not an issue, continuing my trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway is not feasible due to the several closings related to construction.

I have therefore decided that the biking portion of this journey came to an end when I reached the ROAD CLOSED gate on the Parkway after climbing ten miles and then descending three miles.

My new plan is to rent a car from Enterprise in Waynesville a few miles away, drive 250 miles to stay with two friends in Blacksburg, Virginia, and then drive another 250 miles to Alexandria, Virginia, where I will drop the car and stay with another friend. I will then take an AMTRAK train from Washington, D.C., to New York Penn Station. I will be able to put my bike on the train for $20 without packing it in a box. I plan to stay at the Best Western until it is safe to travel.

Here's the view from my room.

I took advantage of the free breakfast offered by Best Western and made myself two waffles. I also had two bagels with cream cheese and two small containers of yogurt. I had lunch from Hardee’s and Starbucks, and dinner from Hardee’s, all delivered by DoorDash. After dinner I extended my reservation at the Best Western through Sunday night.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts