Day 85: September 28, 2024 - Rest day

Start and End: Best Western
Miles: 1.9
Feet climbing per mile: 66
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/225903490

After the free breakfast I extended my reservation through Tuesday. I wonder when I’ll be able to leave.

Since the previous afternoon there has been no cell or cable service or at the Best Western. I walked a mile to the Best Buy where there is WiFi in their parking lot. There I published my blog post for the previous day. I then went to the nearby Walmart and bought groceries for two more days. Walmart was more crowded than the day before, and not quite as well stocked.

On my walk I saw that the roads and sidewalks were not as muddy as the previous day, although some parking lots were still full of mud.

I found it easy walking up the steep hill to the hotel and the steeper grassy hill behind the hotel, so I think my acclimation to elavation has stayed with me to some extent.

I was missing riding my bike, so in the late afternoon I rode to Walmart’s parking lot in order to post an update on my GoFundMe.

The thought occurred to me that I could ride from Alexandria, Virginia, home to New York rather than taking the train. The ride of 300 miles would take four days. I’ll decide about it when the time comes.

At about 11:00 p.m. my cell service (AT&T) was restored, but the cable service at the hotel was still down.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts