Day 28: August 2, 2024 - Cambridge, ID, to Council, ID

Start: Cambridge, ID
End: Council, ID
Miles: 22.4
Feet climbing per mile: 37
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/208085307

I slept until 6:45 (5:45 Pacific time)). I called three motels in Riggins, all of whom told me they had no rooms for Saturday night. Finally I was able to reserve a room, the last available, at the Riverview Motel.

I was on the road at 9:00, which was rather late, but I figured I could complete the 22-mile ride by noon, which I did. It was hot!

About halfway on the ride I stopped to buy a chocolate bar.

The scenery was again beautiful.

I thought there were ravens sitting on top of the rail but now I think they are figures of people and horses.

As I came into the Trailside RV & Bicycle Park I saw a mild version of a puke machine. No, it does not go around by itself.

Dawndie, the manager, directed me to a shady spot to set up my tent which is near the shower, bathroom, and laundry. The fee is $10 per night but mine was covered by someone who had stayed here and who paid $30 for the benefit of three campers one night each.

I took advantage of the laundry and the dry heat to wash all my dark clothes.

In the afternoon I had a sandwich, ginger beer, and a soft-serve ice cream cone.

At 6:30 it was still 100 degrees.

For dinner I had 1.5 quarts of Tillamook Oregon Strawberry Ice Cream. I didn’t know whether I would eat it all but I did.


See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts