Day 55: August 29, 2024 - Rest Day

I learned that I will not need a reservation for the bus from Frisco to Denver and that there are buses leaving Frisco throughout the day from 7:10 in the morning until 8:50 in the evening. I decided that after I ride from Hoosier Pass back to Frisco I will spend another night in the hotel there, catch a bus to Denver the next day, and then catch the train that leaves Denver at 6:59 in the evening and arrives in Chicago at 2:39 the next afternoon. For my ride to and from Hoosier Pass I will leave my camping gear and anything else I don't need for the day's ride at the hotel, lessening my load by several pounds. Thank you, Stan, for the suggestion to do that!

An afternoon swim in the pool was again a wonderfully refreshing treat.

I wrote blog posts for both the previous day and the day before that, making a little progress on the backlog. I also studied the weather from the last three years for cities from Carbondale, Illinois, to Flint Hill, Virginia.

I had dinner at Jenny's Diner.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts