Day 54: August 28, 2024 - Rest Day

I began the day by taking advantage of the laundry in the hotel to rinse my clothes.  

I had breakfast at Jenny's Diner where I met several cyclists who are all riding the Great Divide Bike Route. Some of them I had met perviously, and some had met some other cyclists I had previously met.

A swim in the pool was a wonderfully refreshing treat. 

The real work of the day was refine my routes from here to Hoosier Pass and to book motels for my next five destinations. Once I get to Hoosier pass I will roll down the hill to Frisco, catch a bus to Denver, a train to Chicago, and a train to Carbondale, IL, at which point I will be back on my original route. I will then ride to and through the Blue Ridge mountains.

I had dinner at Cactus Jack’s.

It’s quite frustrating to use a keyboard with some of the keys not functioning. I won’t have a replacement until I get to Chicago. 

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts