Day 56: August 30, 2024 - Rawlins, WY, to Riverside, WY

Start: Rawlins, WY
End: Riverside, WY
Miles: 61.1
Feet climbing per mile: 39
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/216660346

I started the day with breakfast at Penny’s Diner, where I’ve had my most satisfying meals. On the way to breakfast I saw some deer (and they saw me).

Which came first, the name of the town, or the name of the company?

This day's route included riding on I-80 for several miles.

I think the picture below might be of Needle Peak, but I don’t know why it would be called that. 

On this ride I did no walking and felt strong through the entire ride. This is in contrast to my recent rides. I suspect it might be the result of my two consecutive rest days, my acclimation to the elevation, the cooperation of the wind, and the lack of any steep climbs.

I note that I’ve recently had cramps during the night but not while riding.

I stayed in a cabin at Riverside Garage & Cabins.

I had dinner at the Bear Trap Cafe.

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts