Day 49: August 23, 2024 - Jackson, WY, to Daniel Junction, WY

Start: Jackson, WY
End: Daniel Junction, WY
Miles: 67.4
Feet climbing per mile: 46
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/214545380

How wonderful it was to be warm through the night and to get some good sleep!

For almost all of the 14 miles from Jackson to Hoback Junction I was on a beautifully paved bike path running parallel to the main road. The main road had a good shoulder but on the bike path I had no need to deal with traffic.

After Hoback Junction I encountered headwinds all the way to Daniel Junction.

I saw a moose, but soon after taking its picture I realized it was a statue.

Shortly after completing the one challenging climb of the day, I stopped at the Rim Station and had a Mountain Dew. As I was about to leave it started to rain. Once it slowed down I started to leave but immediately realized I needed to add some cold-weather clothes, so I went back to the Rim Station to put on a second long-sleeve wool shirt, tights, fingered gloves, and a cap. After riding a little while the rain stopped and the sun came out, at which time I removed the cap, fingered gloves, and windbreaker.

It was a long day, almost nine and one half hours from departure to arrival, but I felt good throughout thanks to the previous night’s restful sleep.

I had dinner at the Bear Den next to the Daniel Junction Motel where I spent the night.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts