Day 53: August 27, 2024 - Jeffrey City, WY, to Rawlins, WY

Start: Jeffrey City, WY, to Rawlins, WY
End: Rawlins, WY
Miles: 67
Feet climbing per mile: 36
Record of the day's ride: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/215781031

I knew there was a convenience store at 22 miles along the day’s route, and that that would be the last place to get water or snacks until arriving in Rawlins. I filled my water bladder and bought some snacks at the convenience store.

I saw several interesting rock formations throughout the day, the first below being Split Rock.



Have you ever seen cows walking along a fence? It seemed rather strange.

Late in the day the main traffic lanes were narrower than usual, and the drivers were not pulling over when passing me as far as they had been. Even when they did pull over they seemed to be much closer to me than usual.

The head winds were again brutal, so that I had to work hard even when descending. I did a lot of walking. The elevation has been kicking my ass.

It was a treat to swim in the pool at the Econolodge where I would spend the night.

I had dinner at Cactus Jack’s a mile away because the restaurant in the Econolodge was closed due to no chef being available.

See all of my daily routes here: Cross Country 2024

Follow my progress on this map. Click VIEW ALL and then pinch the map to see my progress from the start in Portland.

Follow me on Facebook here.

If my blog posts provide you with vicarious pleasure, please consider making even a small contribution towards the $10,000 cost of my trip by clicking the GoFundMe graphic below. Every contribution helps!

Please share my blog with anyone you think might be interested.

If you post a comment, please identify yourself,
preferably by using your Google account.

Subscribe to this blog

Comments

Popular Posts